In 2016, eight LIFE projects promoted the network on Knowledge Transfer and Exchange (KTE) on environment and health (KTE LIFE EnvHealth), after the LIFE National Thematic Meeting “Participation, risk perception, knowledge transfer and exchange in environment and health” held in Florence, Italy, on 13 April 2016.The main objective of the Knowledge Platform is the promotion of good environmental practices across those stakeholders which are able to implement them at different Governance levels. The questions related to Knowledge Transfer and Exchange among researchers, public administrators and other stakeholders are a priority for each of the participating LIFE.
LIFE projects, share the ambition and the imperative to contribute to evidence informed public decisions, taking into account scientific knowledge and demands of the whole society.
Up to now the “KTE LIFE EnvHealth Network” involves eleven LIFE projects:
- AIS LIFE(LIFE13 ENV/IT/001107) – Aerobiological Information Systems and allergic respiratory disease management.
- BRENNER-LEC(LIFE15 ENV/IT/000281) – Brenner Lower Emissions Corridor
- CLEAN SEA LIFE(LIFE15 GIE/IT/000999) – Tutti insieme per un mare pulito
- CROME(LIFE12 ENV/GR/001040) – Cross-Mediterranean Environment and Health Network
- GHOST(LIFE12 NAT/IT/000556) – Techniques to reduce the impact of ghost fishing gears and to improve biodiversity in North Adriatic coastal areas
- GIOCONDA(LIFE13 ENV/IT/000225) – Young citizens count in the decisions on environment and health.
- HIA21 (LIFE10 ENV/IT/000331) – Participatory evaluation of the health, environmental and socioeconomic impact of urban waste treatment.
- MAPEC_LIFE(LIFE12 ENV/IT/000614) – Monitoring air pollution effects on children to support public health policies
- MED HISS(LIFE12 ENV/IT/000834) – Mediterranean Health Interview Surveys Studies: long term exposure to air pollution and health surveillance
- MERMAIDS(LIFE13 ENV/IT/001069) – Mitigation of microplastics impact caused by textile washing processes.
- PERSUADED(LIFE13 ENV/IT/000482) – Phthalates and bisphenol A biomonitoring in Italian mother-child pairs: link between exposure and juvenile diseases
The network is present in addition to the project websites with its own dedicated site.